The winner of the Adult Competition will be presented with a $300 cash prize and will play as a soloist with a Flute Choir at an upcoming San Francisco Flute Society Event.
1. Submit two contrasting works with or with out accompaniment by uploading VISUAL videos of you performing to YouTube. Please fill out the form below and upload your submission between the following dates: July 1 - October 1, 2014.
2. All YouTube submissions must have in the title of the YouTube video the following text: SF Flute Festival 2014 Adult Competition Audition + (Your Name)
3. Deadline for submissions is October 1, 2014 at 11:59pm.
4. You will be notified after October 20, 2014 if you have been made it to the final round.
Be sure to encourage people to vote for you. YouTube "likes" will count for a small percentage of the vote. There will be a "People's Choice Honorable Mention Award" given to the applicant with the most YouTube likes.
5. Finalists will present a 10 minute audition in front of the judges during the festival during the Adult Competition, Sunday, November 2 at 9:30AM.
6. Anyone who is not present to draw a competition number at 9:00AM will be disqualified from the competition.
7. You will need to provide your own accompaniment for the final round. Please cut any lengthy accompanist solos.
8. Please be prepared to provide an additional original copy of the music for the judges.
9. Smart Casual to elegant is considered proper attire for the Final audition.
Judges decision is final.
Please submit bio and both YouTube links by October 1, 2014. Send your 3 sentence bio (and YouTube links) and phone number via email to SFFluteFestival [at] gmail [dot] com with "FF2014 Adult Competition Application" on the subject heading.
Kindly send your non-refundable application fee of $45.00 by clicking the Paypal button below by October 1, 2014. Your fee will be processed by:
Performers of the World
P.O. Box 625
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Price: $45.00 (non-refundable)